Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I was talking in the heat of the moment!

Men, I swear, where do I start? A certain someone who will go unnamed was at my home the other night visiting.
We seemed to express some interest in one another when he suddenly remarked, "I should come over and make you dinner."
He then asked me if had certain ingredients on hand to prepare the meal. I told him, not on hand, but of course easily purchased. He sort of indicated that the following night would be "the prepared meal night". After work, I stopped by the store, purchased a couple of items I thought he might need, straightened up the kitchen, and the house in general, and watched the clock move past six, then seven, and by 8:30, I put some food on the stove and proceeded to cook for myself.
I had to laugh, what was I thinking that he would follow through and actually do what he said he was going to do? Hell, no!
But, I did know one thing, he would call. About 9:15 p.m. the phone rang. I was right, it was him. "Where is the meal?" I asked. I figured I might as well ask. "Got hung up with some previous plans," he said,"and actually I just said the meal thing
in the heat of the moment, conversation, you know." "But would you like some company now?" " I think I'm cool, I'm fine, no, that's ok, I'm a little beyond that at the moment, and there are such things as phones." " I detect a note of bitterness,"
he said. At that moment I can't even remember what I said, but seriously, did he really think I would say, "Hey, yeah, come right over, I'd feel just great to have you stop by around ten." I have a question. Do some men actually get away with this behavior?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home