Thursday, December 29, 2005

The lights will soon be out



The lights will soon be out. My neighbors will disconnect, unplug, and dismantle. A few stragglers will have theirs up until some time in mid- January, but most of them will be packed into boxes or stuffed some place into a garage. I was always glad I did not have a January birthday. To me, it is a dreary month, particularly here in Central California where a fog bank can linger over the city for almost a month. The only thing that saves it is the snow skiing , not too far from here, right up the road beyond Sonora, keep going and you can head towards a place called Dodge Ridge and on the way, you can see some of the most beautiful wintry scenery California can offer. I always hate it when people I run into say that they had a great Christmas, but they are glad it's over. For me, I have to wait another year for the lights to go back on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home