Thursday, April 20, 2006

flowers



I love flowers even after working in several florists over the years when ever I was not gainfully employed as a teacher. Recently, i took a job and worked a few days at a florist over the Valentine's Day weekend. It was great to get back to
doing something that actually made people happy. There was not a teenager around requesting his grade, text messaging, or listening to an I pod while I am giving instructions for an assignment, only to remark later, "What did she say?" I have become she, the almighty she , and as much as stay at home mothers feel that after a while they lose their identities, sorting through laundry and changing diapers, I know I most certainly have lost mine. If I could just leave my computer at my high school unattended for a few hours so each student could fill in the grade of his or her choice, I know I would no longer be needed. I'll be back at the florist again over Mother's Day , and I'll be happy to be doing something once again that puts a smile on the face of women I may never meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home